Monday, August 4, 2014

August 3


I did "Colin-isms" and "Addison-isms" over on my other blog... I don't know how to work them in here, but here it goes...

Let's start with Suzi =)
Next month she will be 9 (yes NINE!  holy cow!)... my baby is grown.  She is so so so so good!  She really puts up with a lot! 
... Colin pushing her around so she doesn't "mess up his line up"... Addison pulling out her hair... Colin yelling at her when she bark while he is watching Curious George... Addison throwing her toys at her...
BUT she also gets lots and lots of love!  Colin has his own way... every once in a while he will run up to her, give her a big hug and say "I love you Suz." 
Addison is my animal lover... she will run around the whole house to find Suzi to share her snack, and she will sit down next to her and just lay her head on Suzi. 

Needless to say, Suzi is my first baby and I love this crazy dog so much!  She is slowing down, but get her outside or on a walk and she turns back into the silly puppy she was years ago! 

Colin....
He will be FOUR next month!  wowzers.  He is so sweet and sensitive.  He gets his feelings hurt easily, but if he is in front of people, or on a mission of going somewhere... he will get over it real fast.  He tells us numerous times a day that he loves us.  He gives hugs and kisses freely... but on his own terms... he will cuddle you, but not so much you cuddle him.  He likes to read, LOVES cars, trucks, trains, firetrucks, likes to run and turns almost anything into a race.
 
Some funny things he has said:
[When he was sick] "Daddy, I can blow bubbles with my nose."

He compares EVERYTHING to daddy... like, "Is that tree bigger than the car?"  "yes Colin." "Is it bigger than the house?"  "yes Colin."  "Is it even bigger than DADDY?!" 

For Garet's birthday, he got a new grill.  It was supposed to be a surprise...  when Garet got home this is what Colin said, "Daddy, we got you a new grill!  But... it's a suurrrprriissee!  You can't see it.  And it is not red."  (it is red)

"My cars are so dirty.  But that's okay.  I like them dirty.  They can stay dirty, just like your car."
 
His leg was hurting the other night (growing pains??) and I said, "Colin we might have to take you to the doctor because your legs are hurting so bad."  Colin, "They don't hurt bad... they hurt nice."

Gosh I love this kid!  I so wish I could capture each moment so I never forget!  More Colin-isms here.


Addison...

This chick is going to be my fireball I think.  She is so sweet, and yet when she wants something she  will almost demand it!  She knows what "no" means and yet she will look at me and do something anyway... then when I go over to her to pull her away from whatever she is doing... she runs!  Oh goodness.

She talks a lot!  She has learned to say please... aka "peas."  When she wants something... anything... she will say "Peas?"  and if you don't give it to her, or acknowledge it she will just get louder, "Peas?!  PEAS?!  PPPEEEAASSEE!!!!!"  Like, if she says please she should get whatever she wants.  ha!
Check out those curls!  She gets so much attention for her hair!

She is so happy and anytime we are around other people she says, "hey!" and "bye!"  BUT when she say's "bye" to them, she will continue to say it until they are no longer in sight.  The other night at a restaurant she said, "bye bye" to the couple at the table behind us... but I was still getting stuff together, so for the next 5 minutes she said "bye" to them.  Poor couple.

Other things she says...
"Ank Yew"  (thank you) anytime she gets something.
"scews you" (excuse you) when she hears a burp or fart, even her own.
"knee" (nose) and she points to hers or mine
"Suzi, shoe, bye bye, hey, daddy, mama"
And many others, most of which we are probably the only ones that understand =)

Boy oh boy does she have a "look".  She gives this to most people... don't take offense!  haha
More Addison-isms here.
These kids have my heart!  I love them so very much!  I really love spending time with them too!  We have a great time!  Although, some days when it is just me and them... Garet will get home and I will talk his ear off - guess I need someone other than a 4 year old and 15 month old to talk to!  =)
They are so good too!  In fact, I always joke (but it's true) they are better in public... so if we are ever going crazy at home, I just take them out and we are all good!

Love them!

1 comment: